Our events are about open source stuff, so we try to make as much of our events as open source as possible.
Except personal data, as much of our infrastructure is kept in the open as possible. Most of our work is made available through Github.
High level licensing
- We are working on the optimal license for our code, although this may vary depending on what we’re writing. Always check individual GitHub repositories to find out which license applies.
- Our content will be released under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0).
- Content provided by other people like sponsors, speakers, and attendees remains theirs.
- We hold a license to include it in our materials, but it is up to you to secure a license from the relevant individual to use / incorporate their material.
- The logo is available to the public under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) license.
- This means you can replicate it but you can’t make alternatives and you can’t make money off the logo. For clarity to sponsors, you can include the logo on your website and marketing materials as an event you support.
- The logo is available to organisers under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0).
- This means organisers may make their own variants of the logos and use them in the context of their events.
- Organisers should use the unmodified logo when referring to satRdays more generally.
Here are the licenses for specific parts of satRdays’ materials. It also notes any variations of license for sections of code or content.
- Content is provided under CC BY 4.0
- Testimonials and other content that is attributed to a person remains under their control
- Logos etc. are displayed under the licenses to which satRdays was granted
- Any code written by the satRdays team like CSS is [XXX]
- The site depends on Hugo and the hugo-universal-theme theme
- Knowledge base