SatRdays is a new(ish) conference initiative so we’re working on experimenting and growing the events.
During 2018-2019 we will be aiming to throw one event per quarter per region (North America / Europe / Rest of World) with a view to understanding demand from attendees and supply from speakers and sponsors.
Ultimately, we aim for most organisers to be able to throw their events annually, adding numerous new locations each year.
We’re currently working on:
- Building a platform to host satRdays so event organisers don’t have to reinvent the wheel each time
- Building up this knowledge base to enable people to understand what’s involved and get help along the way
- Building a central team who coordinate and assist with the events around the world
- Deciding what license to use for any code we write in order to be as permissive as possible and reasonable towards our contributors
- Determining our governance processes
- Looking at global funding and supporting event organisers